APSC Cheeseburger Cruising Race – NOTICE OF RACE (NoR)
APSC Cheeseburger Cruising Race
Aquatic Park Sailing Club (APSC)
Lake Ontario – North Shore
NOTICE OF RACE (NoR)
Regatta: APSC Cheeseburger Cruising Race
Place: Toronto – Ontario – Canada to Wilson – New York – USA (return)
Dates: August 4-6, 2017
Organizing Authority: APSC Cheeseburger Cruising Race Committee
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 (RRS).
- APSC Sailing Instruction / Notice of Race (NOR) (Version: Final) will apply.
- Any supplementary sailing instructions to be posted on the official Race notice board located inside the APSC club house.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- The regatta is open to all boats of a club that complies with RRS 75.
- Required fees are $10 per boat for APSC race only.
- Other fees: Wilson Yacht Club party fees, independent of APSC Cheeseburger Race.
- Registration: June 14, 2017 to August 4, 2017 prior to race.
- Skippers meeting: 10:00 hours – August 4, 2017 and 10:00 hours, August 6, 2017
- Dates of racing:
- Race (1) start 11:00 hours August 4, 2017 + 6 hour
- Race (2) start 11:00 hours August 6, 2017 + 6 hours
- The courses to be sailed will be as follows:
- Race (1) – from T2 in Toronto Harbour to Island Yacht Club in Wilson, New York @ (43° 19′ 15″ North /78° 50′ 13″ West).
- Race (2) – return from Island Yacht Club in Wilson, New York back to T2 in Toronto Harbour.
- Method of Start: Each boat to self-start, take their own elapsed time and report results to the race committee.
- This is an international race so you must comply with standard customs protocols for your vessel.
- Overall Winner: Joe Oggy Memorial Award. Additional prizes: TBD
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of two (2) million dollars per incident or the equivalent. Note: this race involves an international border crossing.
- For further information please contact:
Kate George email: email@example.com (Cheeseburger Race Co-chair)
Scott Jones email: scottjones134@gmail (Cheeseburger Race Co-chair)
- call: (416) 652-0949 between 5:00PM and 7:30PM
Robert Hickman email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Race Director)