Pride of Ownership
We are looking for members who would be willing to spend a few hours to help to spruce up the clubhouse and the surrounding area.
Here are some of the important things that need doing soon:
1. The ashes from the fire pit needs to be dug out and disposed of. Firewood needs to be cut in to usable size logs. General tidy up of the area.
2. The kitchen needs to be sanitized. All utensils and equipment needs to be assessed as to usefulness, sorted out and put away.
3. The clubhouse has become a storage spot for all sorts of odds and ends. The serving areas and cupboards in the main area need to be sorted out and sanitized. Including the washing of all folding tables.
4. Under the deck. Cleaned out.
5. The bathrooms are functional but not welcoming. The cabinets need to be sorted and cleaned. Hand sanitizer dispensers need to be mounted.
Other ways that you could help maintain a welcoming clubhouse:
With the high use of the barbeques we need to clean them on a daily and weekly basis. When cold, the grease catcher and bottom catch all can be accessed and removed from the back of the BBQ. This will prevent the major flare ups while cooking. We do not like to use anything on the grilling surfaces. Best to fire up the grill to max then scrape and burn.
As dishes are only clean if you use boiling hot water. You are welcome to use the big cooking pots to boil the water on the barbeque and the dish soap provided.
The clubhouse floors get sealed and waxed twice a year. We will wash the floors as needed. But, after a high traffic weekend it is nice to sweep up. This keeps the ants to a minimum.
Any of these tasks can be used towards your work hours.
If you see something you think should be addressed? Please let us know.
I would be more than happy to hear from you.
Lauri Towata 24 Karat